| Two decades would have passed by 2014 since the first Japan-CARICOM Consultation was held in 1993. The year of 2014 has been designated as the Japan-CARICOM Friendship Year to enhance the Japan-CARICOM relationship in diverse fields such as culture, trade and tourism. Throughout the year of 2014, commemorative events will be held in Japan and CARICOM member countries.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan invites entries from the public for a logo that describes the image of the friendly relationship between Japan and CARICOM member states.
The selected logo will be used for related events, pamphlets, posters and other purposes during 2014.
Anyone is eligible to apply. (There is no restriction on nationality, age, occupation etc.)
2. Application deadline
March 15, 2013
3. Submission process
(1) Original data of the logo should be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address:
(2) In the same e-mail, also include the following information:
(a) Name, sex, age, nationality, occupation, address, phone number, e-mail address
(b) Explanation about the logo in about 40 words
(The name and occupation of the 1st prize winner and the explanation of his/her work will be published.)
(3) There is no limitation on the number of entries.
4. Requirements for the logo
(1) There is no limitation in colours or gradation.
(2) The data size should be under 500 kilobytes and when printed, it should be smaller than A4 size.
(3) Image format should be JPEG or GIF or PNG.
(The 1st prize winner will be requested to submit a copy of the original data for printing. There is also a possibility that a change in the original format may be requested.)
(4) A logo should be unpublished and created by the applicant exclusively for this contest.
(5) A logo which contravenes laws and regulations including defamation and copyright infringement of third parties will be excluded from the contest.
Entries will be considered by officials from Japan and CARICOM member states and one logo will be selected.
[Announcement of the result]
The result of the contest will be announced on the website of the Foreign Ministry of Japan around June 2013. At the same time the winner will be informed of the result.
A certificate of merit will be awarded to the 1st prize winner.
The copyrights of the selected logo belong to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Processing of the logo will be restricted to size adjustment, black-white conversion and translation of the words, if contained.
[Enquiry about the contest]
Please contact the following e-mail address.