CARICOM, Italy sign cooperation agreement
Posted in: Press Releases | 10 December 2015 | 4744
CARICOM and Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on cooperation in areas of mutual interest, Thursday.
CARICOM Secretary-General, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque and Italy’s Special Envoy for the Countries of the Caribbean, Paolo Serpi signed the document on the sidelines of the UN Climate Change conference, COP 21 in Paris, France.
The MOU is expected to strengthen political, scientific and technical relations, and promote development cooperation. The Major areas of focus will include:
Disaster risk management
Fight against organized crime,
Modernization of the productive sectors
Scientific and technological research
Sustainable tourism and agri-business
Youth policies and vocational training
- (2017/12/07) - Our region needs to be a zone of peace”- PM tells CANSEC conference - Read more ...
- (2017/12/05) - Bahamas PM warns region at great risk of climate change - Read more ...
- (2017/12/04) - Machine readable CARICOM Laissez Passer for CARICOM staff - Read more ...
- (2017/11/28) - Caribbean can only ‘build back better’ with international support, urgent climate action – UN, CARICOM Chiefs and Heads of Government - Read more ...
- (2017/11/20) - CARICOM SG makes case for climate-resilient rebuilding of hurricane-damaged islands - Read more ...